Interfaith Hospitality Network is grateful for any help you can provide by volunteering your time during a host week or through small donations of items to make our guests feel welcome. Larry Brott is the IHN Coordinator for Armstrong. Read on for all the necessary details to support IHN or contact the church office.
For more information on IHN watch this video.
Volunteering for IHN is a rewarding experience, and we hope to see you soon!
There are many ways you can help:
- Setup. On the first Sunday morning of our host week, we need several volunteers to help move bedding to the sleeping areas.
- Meals. Each night of our host week, we serve hot dinners which include an entrée, side/vegetable, salad, bread and dessert. One can volunteer to provide any of these dishes for an evening.
- Evening host. Evening volunteers serve dinners, clean the kitchen, and help guests make their lunches for the next day.
- Overnight host. Overnight volunteers sleep in a private room and make sure our guests are comfortable. They serve breakfast in the morning and see our guests off to the bus.
- Tear down. On the second Sunday morning of our host week, we need several volunteers to help move bedding back to the storage areas.
- Evening play and crafts. After dinner of our host week, one can volunteer to play with the kids after dinner while the parents make their lunch for the next day.
- Donations. Donations of family-friendly videos, crafts or toys are always appreciated for the host weeks. Additionally, the IHN Day Center also has a long list of desired items (see the “Donations” tab) that need to be provided to our guests. Donations can be left under the main staircase in the Atrium, across from the new elevator.
Sign-ups typically begin 4-6 weeks before the host week. You can sign up over the internet (see the “Host week sign up” section), or in the Atrium.
Host weeks for 2017 are:
- March 26
- May 21
- July 30
- December 31
If you would like further information, please contact Larry Brott through the church office.
You can follow us here, or in the church print publications (bulletin and Circuit Writer) for the latest information on IHN host weeks.
Sign-ups for our next host week will begin March 16. New this year, you can sign up over the internet (see the “Host week signup” section), or in the Atrium.
IHN provides families with "house warming" gifts as they start their new lives away from IHN. Click for a list of requested items IHN Donation List. Donations may be dropped off at the church and labeled for IHN. On behalf of the families you are helping, THANK YOU!
HOST WEEK SIGNUP
Thank you for volunteering!
Below is an electronic form to sign up for our host weeks. A paper copy is also available in the Atrium. In the event of duplications or overlap, the IHN Coordinator will contact you directly for resolution. Refer back to the Program section of this page for descriptions of volunteer opportunities.
Thank you for volunteering!
Sign Up Snap Shot